Saturday, May 28, 2011

A New Horizon

The Rose and The Nightingale

I recently made the decision to retire from my full-time employment at Napa Valley College.  My official retirement date is May 1 - May Day... how appropriate is that saying??? I guess I am jumping ship and giving the world warning, that it needs to pay attention - Ha - Ha! - to ME!!! 

When you think of the month of May, it just has "Spring" written all over it!  A time for new beginnings and this is it - a new chapter is being written and I have the major role.  I decided that I need to pursue things that I have been neglecting and use my God given talents.  I mean He holds the plan and is now giving me the instructions to follow. I just need to have faith, believe and follow. 

So the creative juices are flowing and I am crafting up a storm.  I am also creating a new tea business with my partner and long-time friend, Deb Heaphy.  We both love, love, love tea!  did I say love?  Well, I did and we do!  The best thing about enjoying tea is that you have a period in time where nothing else matters.  Enjoying a conversation and a peaceful, relaxing time with another person is serenity at its best.  We need to go back to that bygone era where you stop in the afternoon and have tea, gorgeous and scrumptious sweets and pastries and enjoy a few treasured moments! 












No comments:

Post a Comment