Friday, September 17, 2010

My Friend in Tea


I have the most wonderful friend that I would like to tell you about. Her name is Deb Heaphy and we have been friends for about 17 years. We both live in the same town and our children have grown up together. Debra is one of the most caring people I know on this planet and the best friend anyone could ever have.

Debra came into my life when she needed daycare for her sons James and David. James is a year younger than my son, Brian. David is a "special" guy and he was three years old when I started taking care of him. He is now 20! As our kids grew up and they stopped needing day care and I stopped taking care of other kids, Debra and I remained friends.

When I started my home party business with tea parties, our friendship has become even more solidified as Debra became my biggest supporter as she loves tea. She has one whole cabinet of tea in her kitchen! It is full of all sorts of varieties and flavors! She has had three Tealightful Treasures tea parties with me and we have done parties together where we have planned every detail! We love to go in search of tea rooms and we love to have tea together at least once a month. In fact today we had tea and she was kind enough to get us both lunch and we had iced tea with it. We love to try new varieties and flavors and we talk about tea every time we are together!

Well, then of course Debra and I each have a collection of tea pots. I will write about those in another post. But, Debra's collection is more extensive than mine, but as we have been collecting, we have also collected a story or two behind each tea pot.

Debra is a treasure and has brought much treasure into my life. She has helped me with my daughter's weddings (that is an understatement) and she is always good for an idea or two and she keeps me inspired in my business and creativity. She knits and sews and is a master at her craft! I am always in wonder how she makes things so fast and with such wonderful quality!

She is just an amazing friend and is forever and always will be....my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment